10+ UMF™ 250g
Tikitiki, East Coast, Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Mānuka, or Leptospermum Scoparium, is a scrub-type tree which grows prolifically around coastal areas of New Zealand where land previously cleared for forestry or farming is now being left to return to native forests. Mānuka tree is typically one of the first plants to regenerate on cleared land, it acts as a protector for the largest tree when they grow. Mānuka was discovered and treasured by the initial inhabitants of New Zealand, the Māori people.
Scientific Name: Leptospermum scoparium
Adult height: 3-5m, can get up to 10m high in specific growing conditions.
Description: shorter, scrubbier-looking tree with large white or pink flowers (10-25mm), flowers from October, with some variation (earlier and later) depending on region.
Honey: dark gold, strong taste. Eaten raw Manuka Honey UMFTM 10+ has an earthy flavour with hints of caramel and a clean fresh finish. It has a faint bitterness to it. This honey has a thick, almost chewy and fudge-like consistency that is quite enjoyable to eat.
- Manuka Honey 10+ UMF is a great source of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds.
- It may help boost the immune system and protect against infection and disease.
- Manuka Honey 10+ UMF may help reduce the risk of heart disease by lowering cholesterol levels.
- It may help reduce symptoms of allergies, asthma, and hayfever.
- Manuka Honey 10+ UMF may help improve skin health, reduce inflammation, and reduce signs of aging.
- It may help reduce symptoms of colds and flu.
- Manuka Honey 10+ UMF may help reduce inflammation and oxidative stress.
- It may help reduce blood sugar levels and improve insulin sensitivity.
- Manuka Honey 10+ UMF may help promote a healthy weight and reduce body fat.
- It may help improve digestive health and reduce symptoms of constipation and diarrhea.
Take a healthy teaspoonful twice daily.