- 2 oz gin
- 1 oz fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 oz Manuka honey syrup (mix equal parts Manuka honey and hot water, then let it cool)
- 1 egg white (optional, for frothiness)
- Ice cubes
- Soda water (club soda)
- Lemon twist or slice, for garnish
1. In a cocktail shaker, add the gin, fresh lemon juice, Manuka honey syrup, and egg white (if using).
2. Fill the shaker with ice cubes.
3. Shake vigorously for about 15-20 seconds to chill and froth the mixture. The egg white will create a lovely foam on top.
4. Strain the mixture into a chilled highball or Collins glass filled with ice cubes.
5. Top off the glass with soda water, leaving a little space at the top.
6. Gently stir to combine the ingredients.
7. Garnish with a lemon twist or slice for a burst of citrus aroma and flavor.
8. Enjoy your refreshing Manuka Honey Gin Fizz!
This cocktail balances the botanical notes of the gin with the sweetness of Manuka honey and the tartness of fresh lemon juice, creating a delightful and slightly effervescent drink. Adjust the honey syrup to your taste if you prefer it sweeter or less sweet. Remember to drink responsibly!